BEING A LEADER
Everyone of us wants to be a leader. How can we be a leader? Leadership is not available a corner shop to go and buy for ourselves. Then how can you be a leader? This is a question to be answered by yourself.
What’s Leadership? Leadership critical to every company. Team members need someone to look to, learn from and thrive with.
Every Leader has his own style and strategy. You can be a leader by learning and getting trained. It’s quality of your way of being which you can build by training yourself.
Leadership is not the designation it’s your choice. It is you who takes responsibility and accountability of something and start working on and making it happen. Inside of this you will train teams who can execute and accomplish that task. This is critical as some time the results may not be as desired. Leader takes the risk and make it happen.
Effective leader is someone who does the followings,
- Creating the vision of the future
- Inspires team members to engage in that vision
- Creates and manages to accomplish that vision
- Coaches and builds the team to be effective to accomplish the created vision
- Takes risk to lead and train everyone to build on for fulfilling the vision
- Creates leaders to lead independently
Leadership Quotes :
- Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates and customers. – Robin S. Sharma
- People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better. – Bill Bradley
- The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers. – Ralph Nader
- Leadership – leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses.- Mitt Romney
- No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it. – Andrew Carnegie
- Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others. It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed. – Mwai Kibaki
Note – Request to comment your views about being a leader and taking leadership
“ಯಾವದೇ ಮನುಷ್ಯ ಮಾಡುವ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳಿಂದ ಗುರುತಿಸಲ್ಪಡುತ್ತಾನೆಯೇ ಹೊರತು ಜನ್ಮದಿಂದಲ್ಲ.”
ಎಲ್ಲರೂ ತಮ್ಮ ಬದುಕಿಗಾಗಿ ಕೆಲಸ ಮಾಡುತ್ತಾರೆ. ಉದಾಹರಣೆಗೆ ಯಾವುದೇ ಮನುಷ್ಯ ಜನ್ಮದಿಂದ ಉದ್ಯಮಿ, ಡಾಕ್ಟರ್, ವಕೀಲ, ಇಂಜಿನಿಯರ್, ಪೇಂಟರ್, ಗಾಯಕ, ನಟ, ವಾಸ್ತುಶಿಲ್ಪಿ, ಪೈಲಟ್ ಮತ್ತು ವಿಜ್ಞಾನಿ ಇತ್ಯಾದಿ ಎಂದು ಗುರುತಿಸಲ್ಪಡುವದಿಲ್ಲ. ಪ್ರತಿಯೊಬ್ಬರೂ ತಮ್ಮ ಕೆಲಸದ ಮೂಲಕ ಎಂದು ಗುರುತಿಸಲ್ಪಡುತ್ತಾರೆ. ಯಶಸ್ವಿಯಾಗಲು ಮಾಹಿತಿ ಆದ್ದರಿಂದ ಉತ್ತಮ ಪ್ರಯತ್ನಗಳನ್ನು ಆಯಾ ಕ್ಷೇತ್ರಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ನೀವು ಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಮಾಡಿದ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳಿಂದ ಯಶಸ್ವಿಯಾಗುತ್ತೀರಿ.
ನಿಮ್ಮನ್ನು ನೀವು ಅರ್ಪಿಸಿಕೊಂಡು ನಿಮಗೆ ಸೇರುವ ಕೆಲಸ ಮಾಡಿದರೆ ಯಶಸ್ಸು ಸಿಗುವುದು ಖಂಡಿತ. ಯಾವಾಗಲೂ ಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಉನ್ನತವಾದ ಗುರಿ ಇರಲಿ.
ಒಂದು ಸರಿಯಾದ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಮಾಡಿ ಮತ್ತು ಸಾಹಸೋದ್ಯಮ ಯಶಸ್ಸಿನ ಕಡೆಗೆ ಕೆಲಸ ಆರಂಬಿಸಿ.
ಒಳ್ಳೆಯ ಕರ್ಮಗಳು ಯಾವಾಗಲೂ ಎಲ್ಲರೂ ನೆನಪಿನಲ್ಲಿಟ್ಟುಕೊಳ್ಳಬಹುದಾಗಿದೆ. ನಿಮ್ಮ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳು ನಿಮ್ಮ ವ್ಯಕ್ತಿ ಮಹತ್ವವನ್ನು ತೋರಿಸುತ್ತವೆ. ನೀವು ಮಾಡಿದ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳೇ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಉನ್ನತಿಗೆ ಕಾರಣವಾಗುತ್ತವೆ. ಅವುಗಳಿಂದಲೇ ನಿಮ್ಮ ಹೆಸರು ನೆನಪಿನಲ್ಲಿಟ್ಟುಕೊಳ್ಳಬಹುದಾಗಿದೆ.
ನಿಮ್ಮ ಎಲ್ಲ ಒಳ್ಳೆಯ ಕೆಲಸಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಶುಭ ಹಾರೈಕೆಗಳು……..
“ Leaders are distinguished by their perseverance in spite of the frustrations and challenges in their path.”
- Set direction
- Engage and involve
- Motivate people
- Make things happen
- Model the way
- Create a leadership culture
WHY DO PEOPLE FOLLOW LEADERS?
85% Sets Vision and works for others
80% Strives to encourage and assist subordinates
78% Reacts professionally in crisis situations
75% Makes subordinates feel proud
72% Holds responsibility
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”- John Quincy Adams
“People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives.”- Theodore Roosevelt
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”-John C. Maxwell
“A leader is a dealer in hope.”-Napoleon Bonaparte
“A good leader takes a little more than his share of the blame, a little less than his share of the credit.”-Arnold H. Glasow
“The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.”--John Maxwell
Kindly comment with your thoughts on leader & leadership qualities….
When a person is given with a position or hired at some level in any workplace, it’s expected that he will take responsibility to complete the work and help the team to move forward to achieve the required result and hit the desired targets. While working with the teams you are suppose to maintain the work ethics along with social responsibility to maintain a right relationship with the co-workers.
Every time you cannot expect your superiors to monitor your work and efforts on the daily basis or you should not expect superiors to give you instructions for each step. You need to be a solution not a problem. Nobody likes a person asking for solutions for each and every situation. You are in the team to give a solution and help to move further towards the target of achieving the result. When you start taking responsibility on your own automatically you start getting desired results, team members start respecting you as a leader.
Those who are looking to grow within a company may want to look at their approach to their work responsibility. In many instances, superiors are not only looking to see if a person does his job, but they also consider how he does job. Start taking ownership of your actions that will convert you to be responsible for the right results.
Leadership is nothing but the action; there is a big difference between talking about doing something and actually doing. Many people push off the responsibility on to others because of which they cannot grow further. Dreaming of big things and creating big things are really of a different status.
In the corporate world people are grown to next level only by taking right decisions and actions. In society leaders are grown by taking actions to change the people’s lives.
1) Study the problem
2) Find out the solution
3) Prepare plan to solve the problem
4) Make a team to solve the problem
5) Take action
So take actions your world to make a difference in other people’s lives and the difference in the corporate world.
“You cannot be a leader, and ask other people to follow you, unless you know how to follow, too.” – Sam Rayburn
“All Leadership is influence.” – John C. Maxwell
“He who has great power should use it lightly.” – Seneca
“Those who try to lead the people can only do so by following the mob.” – Oscar Wilde
“A leader is a dealer in hope.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
“He who has never learned to obey cannot be a good commander”. – Aristotle
“Any one can hold the helm when the sea is calm”. – Publilius Syrus
“No man can stand on top because he is put there”. – H. H. Vreeland
“Leadership is the capacity and will to rally men and women to a common purpose and the character which inspires confidence” – Bernard Montgomery, British Field Marshal
The natural leader will stand out. Leadership is an art which is learnt and practiced by successful people. You can become great leader by practicing the key behaviors of successful people. Once you decide to become a successful leader and start working on it, you will start developing the qualities required to build yourself.
Qualities of an excellent leader:
1) Taking Responsibility – Everyone wants to be powerful in this world, Just think for 5 minutes and recall the leaders you personally know/met/ seen. Understand and look into what they are doing and how they are behaving, I am sure they are taking responsibility in all the areas of their work. (Responsibility = power)
2) Communication skills – you need to have great communication skills and you should be able touch people’s lives by your words. Every good communicator is a great leader.
3) Creating subordinates – you need to create good, skillful subordinates to complete your targets of achievements. Everyone wants to work with a great leader.
….. Krishnna Tickare